Release Candidates for Isabelle2022
The official Isabelle2022 release is scheduled for late October 2022. This blog entry is dynamically updated to follow the sequence of public release candidates. See also the isabelle-release repository.
- Isabelle2022-RC0 (08-Aug-2022): informal snapshot for experimentation, approx. 4 weeks before regular RC1.
- Isabelle2022-RC1 (11-Sep-2022): first official release candidate, approx. 6 weeks before final lift-off. Almost everything is ready for testing. See also AFP/34a31d29f666.
- There is presently no heap image for Isabelle/HOL on Windows, macOS/ARM, Linux/ARM; the adhoc build requires a few minutes after application startup.
- Isabelle2022-RC2 (18-Sep-2022): consolidated release candidate with notable updates. See also AFP/59b24f0e98b1.
- Proper heaps for Isabelle/HOL on all supported platforms.
- Bundled MLton compiler for x86_linux: Ubuntu 22.04 has discontinued the former mlton package.
- Update to Azul OpenJDK 126.96.36.199 (22-Aug-2022).
- Update to Scala 3.2.0 (05-Sep-2022).
- More robust SSH support in Isabelle/Scala based on OpenSSH client programs (ssh + sftp): former JSch (ssh-java) has been discontinued.
- More robust isabelle build_docker tool, based on Ubuntu 22.04.
- Minor tuning of HOL libraries and proofs.
- Isabelle2022 final: planned for 23-Oct-2022.
Written by makarius on Aug 8 2022, 9:06 PM.